The entire month of May each year is designated as Bike Month in San Luis Obispo County, which the purpose of is to get as many people as possible riding bikes and reducing the number of single-occupant vehicles on the roads.
There are many ways to get involved in this county-wide community event.
- View the Rideshare calendar and attend bike-related events happening throughout May across SLO County.
- Join a challenge! Sign up to compete at iRideshare.org.
- Post your photos with #LETSGETVISIBLE and be entered to our 2017 mystery prize.
- Participate in Bike to Work Day
- Participate in Bike to School Day
- Attend a Bike Month event
- Share this with your friends, family coworkers
- Pledge Your Support
- Host a Bike Month Event
How to win prizes:
- COMMUTER BIKE Stop at any Bike to Work Day Station, collect a raffle ticket and bring it to the Official Bike to Work Day After Party for your chance to win!
- KID’S BIKE Students, log your trips by bike during May at iRideshare.org/s/biketoschool. The student logging the most trips by bike during May win. Contest ends June 1.
- MYSTERY PRIZE Share your commute and be entered to win. Post photos to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter all Bike Month-long using #LETSGETVISIBLE. Don’t forget to tag us in your pic! Limit one post per account, per day toward contest entry. One winner will be randomly selected. Contest ends June 1.
Participating 2017 SLO County Schools:
- Atascadero High School
- Bauer-Speck Elementary School
- Baywood Elementary School
- Bishop’s Peak Elementary School
- Cayucos Elementary School
- C.L. Smith Elementary School
- Creston Elementary School
- Del Mar Elementary School
- Family Partnership – Morro Bay Montessori
- Flamson Middle School
- Georgia Brown Elementary School
- Grover Heights Elementary School
- Harloe Elementary School
- Hawthorne Elementary School
- Kermit King Elementary School
- Laguna Middle School
- Lewis Middle School
- Liberty High School
- Monarch Grove Elementary School
- Monterey Road Elementary School
- Ocean View School
- Oceano Elementary School
- Pacheco Elementary School
- Paso Robles High School
- Pat Butler Elementary School
- San Benito Road Elementary School
- San Gabriel Elementary School
- Santa Margarita Elementary School
- Santa Rosa Academic Academy
- Shell Beach Elementary School
- Sinsheimer Elementary School
- SLO High School
- Teach Elementary School
- Virginia Peterson Elementary School
- Winifred Pifer Elementary School
For help getting a Bike to School Day event at your school, or to learn more, contact Rideshare Program Coordinator Sarah Trauger.
Student Bike Challenge!
This year, students will have the opportunity to win a bike just by logging every bicycle they take during the month of may. The student who logs the most trips during the month of MAY wins! Register HERE
- May log up to 4 trips per day toward entry
- Trips are counted one-way (i.e., a round-trip counts as 2 trips)
- Only trips logged during May count
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the most miles logged
Have fun and Go-Go!