It’s that time of year again, the California Mid-State Fair handbook is out!
Entry Deadline (online entries)
- Arts & Crafts: Tuesday, June 12
- Farm Art: Tuesday, June 12
- Fine Art: Tuesday, June 12
- Home Arts: Tuesday, June 12
- Industrial Education: Tuesday, June 12
- Special Stars: Tuesday, June 12
- Photography: Tuesday, June 12
- Agriculture Horticulture: Tuesday, July 10
- Floriculture: Tuesday, July 10
Take entries to the fairgrounds:
- Arts & Crafts: Friday, June 22, 2 -6pm and Saturday, June 23, 9am-2pm
- Farm Art: Saturday, July 14, 9am-5pm and Sunday, July 15, 9am-noon
- 4-H Farm Art: Friday, June 22, 2-6pm and Saturday, June 23, 9am-2pm
- Fine Art: Friday, June 22, 2-6pm and Saturday, June 23, 9am-2pm
- Home Arts, Clothing & Textiles: Friday, June 23, 2-6pm and Saturday, June 23, 9am-2pm
- Home Arts, Baked Goods & Confections & Preserved Foods: Monday, July 16, 10am-6pm
- Home Arts, Table Settings: First show, Wednesday, July 18, 8 to 10 a.m. and Second show, Tuesday, July 24, 8 to 10 a.m.
- Industrial Education: Monday, July 9, 9am-4pm
- Special Stars, Home Arts & Crafts, Fine Art & Photographs: Friday, June 22, 2-6pm and Saturday, June 23, 9am-2pm
- Special Stars, Home Arts, Baking: Monday, July 16, 10am-6pm
- Special Stars, Ag Horticulture: Tuesday, July 17, 9am-6pm
- Special Stars, Floriculture: Tuesday, July 17, 9am-6pm
- Photography: Friday, June 12 (complete uploads)
- Agriculture Horticulture, First Show: Tuesday, July 17, 9am-6pm (includes 4-H & Open Independent Youth Produce)
- Agriculture Horticulture, Second Show: Monday, July 23, 7:30-9am
- Floriculture, First Show: Tuesday, July 17, 9am-6pm
- Floriculture, Second Show: Saturday, July 21, 7:30-9am
- Floriculture, Third Show: Wednesday, July 25, 7:30-9am
- All entries must be completed online.
- “Extended Divisions” are open to residents of the State of Califonia, including those in the Horse Show and Livestock Department.
- “Local Divisions,” are open only to residents of the 16th District Agricultural Association, which is the county of San Luis Obispo, including those departments of Farm Art, Agriculture Horticulture, Arts & Crafts, Home Arts, Fine Arts, Photography, Floriculture, Special Stars and Industrial Education.
- The Fair Management reserves the right to close a division before the entry closing date if all available space has been allotted.
- All decorative material must be
flame proof. Exhibitors must provide a new 15ft.,10 gauge wire, 3-prong extension cord for all their electrical needs. All exhibitors are requested to keep their spaces, whether booths, pens, or stalls, neat in appearance at all times.
- All exhibits must remain on the Fairgrounds until
8amon Monday, July 30, 2018. Exhibits not claimed by 4pm, on Monday, July 30, 2018, will become the property of the California Mid-State Fair and only kept 30 days from pickup date. For the removal of livestock, a written release must be obtained from the Livestock Office.
- No articles shall be submitted through
- State Rules and Health Rules are applicable to both the Senior and Junior Departments.
- Reasonable precaution will be taken in protection of exhibits. The 16th District Agricultural Association (California Mid-State Fair) will not be responsible for loss or damage, whatsoever the cause. The exhibitor must arrange for insurance if it is desired. Furthermore, the California Mid-State Fair will not be responsible for accidents or loss that may occur to any of the exhibitors or exhibits at the show and the exhibitors shall hold the management harmless and indemnify it against any legal proceedings arising from such accident or loss. Presentation of entry form shall be deemed acceptance of this rule.
- Liability insurance is the responsibility and at the discretion of the junior exhibitor. Therefore, it is suggested that junior exhibitors consider taking out a liability policy covering themselves and their exhibits. Liability insurance may be purchased through CFSA. Contact the California Mid-State Fair Main Office for additional information.
- Primary Members: Still Exhibit Departments – Fairs are open to 4-H primary members for exhibit only. The use of Danish and American systems of judging is not acceptable for use with primary members. 4-H primary members will only receive recognition for their participation.
- There will be a $50 reprint charge for any premium check lost, stolen, destroyed, stale-dated, or for any reason not caused by the California Mid-State Fair.
- Premiums are paid from the records made by the judges on the official judging sheets. NOT from the Award Stickers placed on the entries
- Sweepstakes are based on the State Rules, IV. Awards and Scoring Rule #7.
- Exhibitors may not receive more than 2 awards per class.
Will you enter anything into the fair this year? What will you enter?